We have eight key areas of expertise.
High CMO turnover is increasingly thought to indicate that the marketing function is in trouble, and radical change is required. This practice asks tough questions and maps a strategy to position the company at the leading edge of marketing capability and customer-centricity.
- Can marketing departments afford to take an incremental approach to change? The digital world and customer expectations are changing so quickly that the answer is probably “No”.
- What does it take to be customer-centric in today’s digital world? Do our marketing programs convey a deep interest in customers, or are they primarily geared to serve the company’s economic interests?
- Which marketing functions are mission-critical, how strong are we in those critical areas, and which functions should we outsource?
Consentric is a leader in ecosystem marketing. Our proprietary tools help us provide penetrating answers to questions that cut to the core of the most pressing questions in digital marketing:
- What digital networks of ideas and offers surround our customers and determine where they direct their attention?
- Who are the most prominent influencers in our ecosystem and how do they operate?
- How can we increase our prominence in the most critical networks in our ecosystem?
- How is our ecosystem changing, and how do we measure our prominence in the ecosystem over time?
Our utilization of the buyer’s journey concept focuses on helping you become more customer-centric. Here is a sampling of the questions we pursue in our research:
- What stages do customers move through, from the first moment they think they might have a problem until they eventually make a purchase, and ultimately become a brand advocate?
- How can we envision a buyer’s journey that is truly “human” and fully responsive to the linear and nonlinear, fast and slow, emotional and rational aspects of how people actually move through their journeys?
- What are the most important jobs-to-be-done during each buying stage, and how can we do a better job of facilitating the completion of those jobs?
- What digital tools are most useful for and appreciated by our customers, especially in the early stages of their journeys?
Consentric’s content marketing service can establish your company as the industry’s thought leader, or insert you into the heart of digital conversations that are critical to your sales growth. These are bold claims, but that is what we do, and we have the track record to prove it.
Our content marketing service is grounded in ecosystem marketing, where we identify topics that are critical to your customers. Then we: generate the content they want to read, publish and promote it, monitor its effectiveness, and revise it rapidly.
In total, we offer a full-service, start-to-finish outsourced solution for content marketing. We call it Content Marketing-as-a-Service (CMaaS).
The persona concept helps companies appreciate the complexity of how customers actually behave. Buyers often are not linear, logical and rational. Their purchase behavior is often emotional and erratic. In our view, personas breath life into marketing and help us “keep it human”.
We use persona research to answer questions such as:
- What are the various personas customers assume during the buyer’s journey?
- What digital breadcrumbs indicate which persona is being assumed at a given moment in time?
- Are demographic or firmographic characteristics useful when describing personas, or should we focus instead on behavior patterns to describe personas?
We help companies adopt customer-centric data practices. We start by defining your customer’s attitudes toward data privacy. Our emphasis is highly unique: We define how your customers behave when they encounter your data practices versus those of all relevant competitors.
- Do your customers tend to buy more from companies that demonstrate customer-centric data practices and emphasize privacy and consent?
- Who are the leaders in customer-centric data practices in your industry, and is there a strategic opportunity to modify your data practices?
Armed with answers to these and related questions, we define a customer data migration path that will deliver the best long-term financial results for the company.
Our product management training and coaching service is rooted in a proprietary best practices study which examined how the best marketing companies in the world do product management.
Our service moves on two fronts. First, we deliver real-world, best-in-class product plans that maximize revenues and profits These can be assembled during the regular planning cycle. Second, we train and coach your product managers so that they can execute the next planning cycle with little to no coaching assistance.
As a result, CMO’s can focus their time on the strategic aspects of guiding the product planning process.
Companies increasingly see that winning customer affiliation means taking stands on important social and environmental issues. In other words, being political.
In the last few years, we have witnessed dramatic wins and losses for brands that have taken political stands. Most of the examples are positive (e.g., Nike), and a few are quite negative (e.g., Papa Johns).
Some of the pressing brand activism questions we address in this practice include:
- Which social issues are most important to our customers, employees and other stakeholders?
- Do any of these issues intrinsically align with our brand or corporate values and culture?
- How do we manage the risks of brand activism while reaping the benefits of increased customer and employee affinity and engagement?